If you are interested in health and wellness, you must have heard of Functional Medicine. It is a Client focused approach where the practitioner will assess for the weaknesses and imbalances in a person’s individual physiology to understand why they have developed particular symptoms that may have led them to get ill.
The aim of Functional Medicine model is to find and correct the underlying causes of personal symptoms so that the body and mind can in turn return to a state of health, wellness and equilibrium.
Each client represents individual, unique, and often complex circumstances and lifestyle influences that have set a development of their particular health challenges.
We work together to identify antecedents, triggers and mediators that may have contributed to personal dysfunction.
A Functional Medicine based plan will often involve different dietary interventions, use of nutraceuticals and lifestyle changes. Other interventions such as botanicals, exercise, stress management or mind/body techniques may also be discussed to support you through your journey from dysfunction to wellness.
Benefits of Functional Medicine
The focus of Functional Medicine is not on treating a particular condition but on identifying and removing the underlying cause and obstacles that block healing.
Our clients report the following benefits:
- Improved digestion
- Improved absorption and utilisation of macro and micro nutrients
- Improved bowel elimination
- Improved bowel flora
- Balanced and modulated immune function
- Reduction / elimination of inflammation
- Improved blood sugar regulation
- Improved energy production and utilisation in the body
- Improved body composition
- Optimised liver detoxification pathways
- Reduced burden of heavy metals
- Improved stress response
- Improved hormone function
- Improved metabolism
Advanced Functional Medicine Tests
To assess the causes of your symptoms we may employ the following Advanced Functional Medicine tests*:
- Functionally oriented blood chemistry and complete blood count (CBC) analysis (this test is more advanced and detailed than the standard blood test issued by your general practitioner/medical doctor)
- Digestive and gastrointestinal assays, stool analysis test
- Salivary hormone assays
- Detoxification panels
- Allergy or food intolerance panels
- Micronutrient assays: mineral, vitamin and essential fatty acid panels
- Adrenal stress profiles
- Metabolic profiles
- Genetic testing
* The price for Functional Medicine testing will be provided separately.
Take The First Step On Your
Journey Back To Health
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a Client. We are happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Functional Health Clinic is right for you.